Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life: Kicking My Butt, Taking Names

This is my first post for February, which is crazy. I've either been too busy to post, or, when I've had the time, too tired to care. Even now it feels like a chore to write, but I've got to break out of this funk sometime and there's no better time than the present.

So what's been up?

  1. My mother-in-law had her gall bladder removed. Normally this is a routine procedure, but became potentially complicated given her recent history of heart problems. She talked about death, a lot, and it took a bit of an emotional toll on the family. She made it through the procedure without incident and is doing well, but was out of commission for about a week.
  2. I'm taking two classes this term. Thankfully, the work in one of the classes is limited to the classroom or I would be dead meat. My second class, in screen writing, is kicking my butt. Of course my procrastinating nature isn't helping matters any. As hard as I try not to put off my assignments until the last minute, it never seems to work, and I find myself trying to write two-person dialogs at wee hours of the morning with my inner critic screaming "YOU SUCK!" Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
  3. Work. My schedule is going to be shifting around quite a bit over the next few months as I cover co-worker's vacations. This had made me have to shift around my class schedule which meant attending multiple classes in the same week (I usually have one class period per week for each class). Also, my company, it all its infinite wisdom, has decided to move four radio stations into the existing space of our building, and the preparation for the impending renovation has kept us all busy.
  4. Sickness. We've been passing it around. Right now I'm fighting a cold, and the girls missed four days of school last week, Kyra three of those days with "walking pneumonia", whatever that is.
  5. "Gig" prep. My uncle offered to fly me back to Illinois to perform at a dedication ceremony for the family business. Song? The Impossible Dream. Do you know how hard it is to make The Impossible Dream sound cool? Damn near impossible. I worked and worked and finally came up with an arrangement I could live with.
So I'm a little worn out. But hopefully it won't be another sixteen days before I write again.


1 comment:

The Beast Mom said...

Just came by to see if you had a chance to post. Guess not yet...

Also came by to say that "Lost" is getting REALLY weird. As if it wasn't weird already. That bleeding eyes bit was kinda' gross.

-bm