Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Somebody Up There Hates Me

I was home relaxing and enjoying my day off yesterday afternoon when the phone rang. OK, that's a lie. I was simultaneously cleaning house and bribing the girls with promises of treats if they'd join me by cleaning their rooms. Then the phone rang. It was my supervisor. "Crap," I thought as I answered with a myriad of catastrophic work situations dancing through my head. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me...don't worry, I just wanted to be the first to tell you the big news."

"OK."

I could almost feel the sarcasm dripping through the receiver. He proceeded to inform me that the company that owns the station where I am currently employed is in the process of purchasing the station at which I was previously employed. He thought that was pretty funny. I, on the other hand, do not. There is a very simple reason I left that job...I didn't enjoy working there because it was an intense and stressful environment. And now that intense, stressful environment is walking right back through the door.

Time to update that resume.


No comments: