Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September Storm

This is a test.

I've been wanting to try out Blogger's video uploading capabilities for awhile now and have just now had an opportunity to get to it. Last night as I was grilling teriyaki chicken breasts for dinner, a nasty little storm snuck up on me from the north. There I am, grilling away, happy as a clam when these big fat raindrops started falling. That's odd. There's not a cloud in the sky to the south, I thought. A few minutes later, the wind picked up, the skies opened up, and I collected my teriyaki chicken breasts and headed inside.

It was raining so hard that I decided to grab my video camera and get some footage. I love a good storm, and this one was a doozy. It rained so hard that we couldn't see the houses across from us. Of course by the time I got the camera out and headed outside, the worst of the storm had passed. Unfortunately, much of the color and contrast was lost in the transition from the analog signal of my 9 year-old camera to my computer, especially the rainbow. You can barely see it in front of the tree and descending on my neighbor's shed. The girls wanted us to jump the wall and look for the pot of gold. I told them that I didn't think the neighbors would appreciate us stealing what should be THEIR gold.

The girls' response was pretty much the equivalent of "Screw them."

Enjoy the vid.


2 comments:

The Beast Mom said...

You know, rain isn't exactly a novelty to me here in Seattle. ;) Although it was interesting to see your yard in hurricane mode...

I think I'll post a video of MY yard all sunny for you in Arizona, because you know, you don't get any sun down there. :)

---

Nice post on 9/11 by the way. I didn't blog about it. I thought about it that day but then decided no.

-bm

batteredham said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...actually I want to see that sunny backyard video, so you'd better get on it! You don't have that many sunny days left for the year.