Monday, January 22, 2007

End of the Snow Stories, I Promise

I grew up in the Midwest, so you'd think I'd be used to seeing snow. But this is pretty cool, getting snow in the desert, so please indulge my school-girl giddiness. Kyra and I dropped Kailey off at school at about 9:30 and then took about a 20 minute drive to admire the desert winter wonderland. It was beautiful, but the snow is clearly wreaking havoc on the plant life. We saw so many mesquite trees split down the middle or with fallen limbs; they aren't used to the weight of wet snow.


The sun came out around the time Kailey went to school, and the meltdown commenced. Kyra wanted to make a snowman before the snow melted, so we headed out to the backyard to get it done. This guy's been aptly named Frosty the Snowman Jack Frost. Kind of a long name, I know, but I had absolutely NO input on the matter. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy him for another day or two.

No comments: