Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagged!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. When you participate in an exercise like Nablopomo and join it's various groups, you're bound to meet new people and read some great blogs, which I have. And at some point you're going to get tagged by one of those new blogging friends, which I have. David over at Living in the Now tagged me for the Crazy 8's meme. So here we go:

8 things I'm passionate about:

  • Family
  • Music: listening, singing, writing, guitar, recording...hell, if I'da listed these separately, I'd be done
  • Writing/blogging...have I mentioned before that I'm addicted to Sitemeter?
  • Creating in general
  • Coffee: the stronger, the better
  • Doing the right thing
  • Grilling the perfect steak
  • Those Fighting Illini
8 things I want to do before I die:
  • Record a CD
  • Learn how to record a CD
  • Jump out of a plane, preferably with parachute attached
  • Walk both of my daughters down the aisle
  • Tour the East with family...take in Washington DC, NYC, Boston, etc.
  • Go to Australia...I've wanted to do this since I was a kid
  • Sing the national anthem at Wrigley Field
  • Belch the alphabet in one long belch
8 things I say often:
  • "Knock it off!"
  • "Settle down!"
  • "What did I say?"
  • "Well I certainly didn't make this mess."
  • "Yes, hon, I'm certain the girls are asleep."
  • "Yes, hon, I locked the door."
  • "No, hon, I didn't hear anything."
  • "I'm sorry."
8 books I've read recently:
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
  • Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
  • Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Naked by David Sedaris
8 songs I could listen to over and over (this is a tough one to limit to 8, so I'm going to cheat a little bit):
  • "Where the Streets Have No Name", "One", and pretty much anything else by U2
  • "#41" and "Crush" by Dave Matthews...oh, hell, all DM stuff...especially his acoustic stuff with Tim Reynolds
  • Anything on West Coast Diaries 2 by Charlie Peacock
  • "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson...he's a freak, but has made some freakin' good music
  • The John Mayer Trio live album, Try!
  • Four words: Toad. The. Wet. Sprocket. It's all good.
  • "Heart-Shaped Box", "Come As You Are", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana...for those special times
  • When I'm in a really sappy mood, "Faithfully" by Journey
8 things that attract me to my best friends:
  • Sense of humor
  • Adventurous
  • Passionate/know what they want out of life
  • Supportive
  • Listeners
  • Similar interests: music, sports, etc.
  • Intelligence/insight
  • Authentic
8 people I think should do Crazy 8's:
  • OK, I'm lame...anyone so inclined!!

No comments: