Saturday, November 10, 2007

UPSET IN THE HORSESHOE!!!

OSKEE-FRICKIN'-WOW-WOW!!

My hands are still shaking as I just finished watching the Illini topple the #1 team in the land...on their turf. I can't ever remember a time, in the past several years anyway, when you could hear a pin drop in the Horseshoe. Totally. Freakin'. Awesome.

Illinois lost against Michigan a few weeks back due to penalties and turnovers. I knew going into this game that if they could keep their heads, limit those personal foul penalties, and not turn the ball over, they could win this game. That's exactly what they did. They had one ten-yard false start penalty and NO turnovers. Their defense had three interceptions, and Juice Newton, er, I mean Williams, threw four touchdown passes as the Illini racked up 400 yards of total offense against the #1 defense in the land. This victory ensures Illinois a bowl birth as well as a probably ranking in the top 25.

We finish the season next week against Northwestern. Let's not overlook this game, guys. Get your feet back on the ground and take care of business.

2 comments:

WilyHacker said...

And what was I doing out raking leaves instead of watching!? I completely forgot that it was going to be on. Ugh. Go Illini!

batteredham said...

Dude, I don't mean to make you feel worse than you already do, but you missed a nearly flawless Fighting Illini performance. Ohio State scored :23 into the game, but Illinois kept their cool and scored :30 later. It was an amazing game...

...but raking leaves is important too. ;)